This news comes somewhat as surreal. After what seems to feel like an eternity in itself , - winamp had a "major" update with big set of features for all to enjoy.
- Improved: Windows 11 compatibility
- Improved: Playback of https:// streams
- Improved: Updated and tidier generate html playlist code
- Improved: [in_flac] Hi-res playback support (24bit/192kHz, etc.)
- Improved: [in_mkv] vp8 support
- Improved: [in_mod] Playback of .itz, .mdz, .s3z & .xmz compressed modules
- Improved: [ml_rg] Added message throttle and other optimizations
- Improved: [ml_wire] New working Podcast Directory
- Improved: [out_ds] Display device information correctly in Unicode format
- Fixed: [in_midi/in_mkv/nu/pfc] memory leaks
- Fixed: [in_mp3] id3 empty genre displayed as Blues or Psychobilly
- Fixed: [ml_rg] Calculate ReplayGain for Ogg Vorbis files
- Fixed: [out_wasapi] Volume resets to zero on track change
- Fixed: [out_wave] Crash when playing module/tracker formats
- Misc: lame_enc & libsndfile now static links instead of dynamic dll
- Misc: libmpg123, libflac & zlib now static links instead of dynamic dll
- Misc: Major compiler refactoring work
- Misc: Many more general tweaks, improvements, fixes and optimizations
- Misc: Minimum required OS is now Windows 7 SP1
- Misc: New online Help section and articles
- Misc: SDK now compatible with VS2017 and newer
- Misc: Versioning syntax changed to v5.x.x
- Misc: Winamp\Microsoft.VC142.CRT runtimes now installed on Win7/8
- Misc: [dsp_sps] Improved, refactored and rebuilt!
- Removed: Bento Browser tab - So long, and thanks for all the fish!
- Removed: [read_file.dll] in_midi now using zlib & minizip for compressed midi
- Updated: [alac/in_mp4] ALAC 2017-11-03-c38887c5
- Updated: [enc_lame] LAME 3.100.1
- Updated: [freetype.wac] freetype 2.12.1
- Updated: [gif] giflib 5.1.4
- Updated: [in_cdda] libdiscid 0.6.2
- Updated: [in_flac/enc_flac] libFLAC 1.3.4
- Updated: [in_mod] libopenmpt 0.6.4
- Updated: [in_mp3] libmpg123 1.29.3
- Updated: [in_vorbis] libogg 1.3.5 & libvorbis 1.3.7
- Updated: [in_wave] libsndfile 1.1.0
- Updated: [OpenSSL] OpenSSL 3.0.3
- Updated: [png] libpng 1.6.37
- Updated: [vp8] WebM libvpx 1.11.0
- Updated: [zlib] zlib 1.2.12
This is the culmination of 4 years' work since the 5.8 release.
Two dev teams, and a pandemic-induced hiatus period inbetween.
To the end-user, it might not seem like there's a whole heap of changes,
but the largest and hardest part was actually migrating the entire project from VS2008 to VS2019
and getting it all to build successfully.
The groundwork has now been laid, and now we can concentrate more on features.
Whether fixing/replacing old ones or adding new.
The build # has stayed as 9999 for this release (Beta, RC and Final builds)
(builds can be identified by filename + timestamp).
We'll reset the build number for v5.9.1